100 things to do in Abu Dhabi
With so much to do in Abu Dhabi, you'll never truly be bored. Whether you're looking for a cultural excursion, trying to find nature-oriented activities or you simply want to walk along the seashore; you can find everything under the sun (or out of), across the city.
Here is an exciting list of 100 things to do in Abu Dhabi. Let's go!
Discover the great outdoors
1. Come close to wildlife in the desert at the Al Ain Safari, including a pre-reserved dinner by the kings of the jungle, and lions!
2. Get your daily exercise and soak in the scenic sights as you ride across the illuminated Al Watha Cycle Track, just 40-45 minutes away from Abu Dhabi.
3. Rent an RV or pitch a tent at the Al Wathba Lake Camp for a little rendezvous with nature, while also enjoying the onsite recreational facilities.
4. Catch the Falcon and Saluki show, as they display their desert hunting skills and prowess.
5. 17,000 free-roaming animals make Arabian Wildlife Park a must-visit for families and travellers.
6. Want to go camping but love your comforts? Try glamping at Bab Al Nojoum. This beachside location not only has some of the coolest tents, but the campsite includes an outdoor cinema, a bonfire and watersports!
7. Watch as experts of the Abu Dhabi desert navigate the tight curves and sharp drops of the dunes with ease, in an epic dune bashing session.
8. Test your arm strength with a competitive round of clay pigeon or target shooting at any of Abu Dhabi's top clubs.
9. Enjoy a leisurely canter or sign up for lessons at the state-of-the-art Sir Bani Yas Stables located at the Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara.
10. Hidden in the desert is Arabian Nights Village, created for travellers to experience the soul of old Arabia and learn the authentic aspects that have built traditional Emirati life.
11. Spend the morning by signing up to horse-riding lessons at the Mandara Equestrian Club followed by a light meal at the nearby restaurant/cafe.
12. Start your day with a scenic round of golf by the ocean at the Saadiyat Beach Golf Club.
13. While riding waves or sliding down snow maybe common, how about a round of sandboarding down Abu Dhabi's gorgeous desert dunes?
Let adventure lead you
14. Team up with friends, family or colleagues for a competitive day of paintball at the massive Battle Park.
15. Put your best foot forward and take jumping into the air to a whole new level at Bounce Abu Dhabi.
16. With four exclusive parks for kids of all ages, there's plenty to get excited about at Circuit X Hudayriyat Mar Vista.
17. If you love adrenaline and adventure, give indoor skydiving and wall climbing a shot at CLYMB Abu Dhabi.
18. Catch the morning birdsong with a peaceful kayaking trip through the mangrove forests of Abu Dhabi.
19. Curious about how Bedouins used to live? Get a glimpse of their homes, pottery, work tools and more at the cultural Heritage Theme Park in Al Ain.
20. With 28 rides and attractions, enjoy a fun-filled family day at the region's first theme park, Hili Fun City.
21. Hike, bike or camp under the stars at the Jebel Hafit Desert Park, the UAE's first World Heritage Site.
22. Let your hair loose on epic rides including the world's fastest roller coaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
23. Kids will have a field day at KidZania Abu Dhabi, an immersive edutainment spot that mimics real life.
24. The lazy river and water attractions make Murjan Splash Park a place for kids to be kids.
25. From a super snake to glass boat tours, every moment at the National Aquarium is filled with wonder.
26. Plunge to the depths of the sea by snorkelling or diving and get a glimpse of Abu Dhabi's beautiful underwater world.
27. Whether you're a beginner or pro, make sure to add stand-up paddle boarding to your Abu Dhabi itinerary for a day of sunshine and good times.
28. Get to the centre of the action at Wadi Adventure where you can swing from white-water rafting to aerial adventures in a single day!
29. Spend a day with superheroes and state-of-the-art rides at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi.
30. Rev your engines for an adrenaline-fueled session at Yas Kartzone.
31. With over 40 rides and attractions, you can make a splash at the family-friendly Yas Waterworld.
32. Spend a day at the massive Zayed Sports City with access to all kinds of facilities under the sun; from football and volleyball to bowling and an ice rink!
33. Imagine having access to all kinds of thrilling sports in just one location? Try horse riding, shooting, wakeboarding and much more at the entertainment centre of Al Forsan International Sports Resort.
34. Feel the wind in your hair and get a birds-eye view of Abu Dhabi's glistening oceans at Abu Dhabi Parasail.
Dine and unwind
35. From the tasty food to the traditional ambience, nothing spells delicious better than an authentic Emirati dining experience at Al Fanar Restaurant & Cafe!
36. Make a pitstop at Alkalime, a trendy yet zen cafe serving up guilt-free, vegan and vegetarian-friendly options to warm your heart (and stomach!).
37. Abu Dhabi is known for its exquisite seafood dining options and there is nowhere better to taste fresh catches than at Fishmarket.
39. Savour traditional Arabic cuisine complemented with stunning sea views at Li Beirut.
40. How about a cup of coffee, a little retail therapy and a trendy haircut at Local Mamsha? This hipster beachfront shop on Saadiyat Island will have you snapping away to glory!
41. Experience the actual Salt Bae's impressive salted meats at Nusr-Et and capture enviable snaps for your social media.
Lounge and chill
42. Take a moment for yourself at the award-winning Spa at W Abu Dhabi and enjoy their tranquil massages, mani-pedis, facials and so much more.
43. Corniche Beach is just the place to soak up some sun, play a game of volleyball or speedboat into the sunset.
44. Lounge and dance your way from day to night at Cove Beach Makers District, a classy beach club on Reem Island that has the perfect holiday views and vibe.
45. Lounge by the pool, take a dip and dine within the stunning surroundings of the exclusive Saadiyat Beach Club.
46. Slip into much-needed relaxation and rejuvenation at the Nation Riviera Beach Club - a beachside connected to the luxurious St. Regis Abu Dhabi that has watersports, exercise facilities, dining and more.
47. Relax on Soul Beach from dawn till dusk and enjoy refreshments delivered to your sunbed via Whatsapp.
48. Ice cream in hand, take a leisurely stroll around the prominent and popular Abu Dhabi Corniche or spend the day basking in the sun by the waves.
Indulge in shopping and entertainment
49. Catch a movie, challenge your friends to a round of bowling and shop your way through the massive Marina Mall, all in a day's time!
50. Indulge in day-to-night entertainment at the Yas Bay Waterfront located on the south shore of Yas Island.
51. From family-friendly activities to a bustling entertainment hotspot, find it all at the waterside promenade of Yas Marina.
52. Take a stroll, enjoy a range of dining options or dive into adrenaline-fueled watersports at Eastern Mangroves Marina.
53. Enjoy exploring Abu Dhabi's most popular and largest shopping mall, the mammoth Yas Mall.
54. Take to the market scene of Souq Al Qattara, a traditional souq offering traditional handicrafts, food and incense to spark the senses.
55. Shop till you drop at the luxurious Galleria Al Maryah Island.
59. The stunning Sir Bani Yas Island's safari adventure will blow your mind.
60. With a racetrack, hotels, theme park and more, there's plenty to see, do and eat on the vibrant Yas Island.
61. Experience the majesty of the desert from the secluded hideaway of the Tilal Liwa Hotel.
62. Escape reality at Zaya Nurai Island, a stunning secluded resort with uninterrupted views.
Green spaces and wild encounters
63. Enjoy your morning breakfast with giraffes, get close to lemurs and interact with more exciting animals at Al Ain Zoo.
64. Find greenery in the city and explore all the attractions that Umm Al Emarat Park has to offer.
65. With monuments dating back to 2000 BCE, the Hili Archaeological Park is filled with architectural wonders and stories of the past.
66. Home to over 3,000 animals, Emirates Park Zoo is the perfect blend of fun and education.
67. Built with the highest sustainability standards, Masdar City Central Park is fun and educational for the kids.
68. Unwind at Sheikha Fatima Park, an urban park with plenty of outdoor kids activities like a Skate Park, Splash Pad and regular live events for everyone in the family to enjoy.
Icons of Abu Dhabi
69. Connect with nature in the lush lap of the Al Ain Oasis, where you can cycle or walk through the grasslands, take a break under the date palm trees and discover how the irrigation systems worked.
70. Enjoy watching the excitement of your little ones as they read, perform and play at the Abu Dhabi Children's Library; a hidden gem and inspiring space for different ages.
71. With a goal of becoming the world's most sustainable eco-city, Masdar City is an amazing place to visit for those interested in sustainability and conservation.
72. An incredible sight and a popular movie location, the Empty Quarter (Rub' Al Khali) is the largest expanse of sand in the world making it a visit worth every fil.
73. A true work of art and architecture, witness the beauty of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in person.
74. Discover four million-year-old fossil formations at Al Wathba Fossil Dunes.
75. When in Abu Dhabi, you can't miss driving by the uniquely-shaped coin (circular) building that is Aldar HQ, which is actually one of the first eco-friendly buildings in the city!
76. Take your children to one of Abu Dhabi's renowned venues for art and culture, the Cultural Foundation where they can visit the library, watch live performances, see the exhibitions or sign up for immersive art workshops.
Must-see gems of the city
77. Sip on tea with friends against Abu Dhabi's beautiful landscape courtesy of Observation Deck at 300 - a neat vantage point only 74 floors high!
78. Make sure you have a fully charged phone when making a visit to the striking Qasr Al Muwaiji, a historic fort which was once home to generations of the UAE's Al Nahyan ruling family.
79. Escape to a secluded world of palm trees, golden desert dunes and timeless beauty when you check into the luxurious Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara.
80. Visit the magnificent presidential palace, Qasr Al Watan, and explore the remarkable interiors, catch the light and sound show, wander into the library and take dozens of photographs.
81. Designed by Dame Zaha Hadid and inspired by the curves of sand dunes, take a quick snap when you drive across the stunning Sheikh Zayed Bridge.
82. Enjoy a beach day, dine in style or simply admire the stunning arabesque architecture of Emirates Palace.
83. Drive, motorbike, hike or cycle up one of Abu Dhabi's highest mountains, Jebel Hafit where you can catch the most incredible sunrises and sunsets.
84. History buffs and curious explorers can enjoy a guided hike to the Jebel Hafit Tombs - a landmark consisting of over 500 tombs dating back 5,000 years.
85. Take a walk along the Abu Dhabi Corniche where you can see Mamsha Al Khair, a series of limestone panels featuring memorable inscriptions from former and current UAE leaders.
86. Pay your respects at Wahat Al Karama, a permanent architectural memorial built to remember and recognise the martyrs of the UAE.
87. Built for the Formula 1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the buzzy Yas Marina Circuit is just the place to catch the races, try your hand at go-karting, get your racing license and more!
Deep-rooted culture and historical significance
88. Get close to camels, the official 'ships of the desert', at the Al Ain Camel Market, a hub that continues to celebrate Emirati heritage.
89. Visit Al Ain Museum, the region's oldest museum built in 1969, for a glimpse into the UAE's rich past.
90. Experience Emirati art and wander around inspiring exhibitions at Al Ain's Al Qattara Arts Centre.
91. Once a historic house, dive into the UAE's past at the carefully restored Bait Mohammed bin Khalifa.
92. Featuring Bronze Age tombs, artefacts and rare items, the ancient caravan site of Bidaa Bint Saud is one to see.
93. Car-lovers assemble, the Emirates National Auto Museum houses the most unique wheels owned by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan.
94. Gain a fascinating insight into the world of currency at the UAE Currency Museum.
95. Originally a watchtower built in the 1790s, learn about the UAE's history at Qasr Al Hosn.
96. Paying homage to the Father of the Nation, Sheikh Zayed, The Founder's Memorial is worth a visit.
97. Wander through the first universal museum of the Arab World, the enriching Louvre Abu Dhabi.
98. Learn about the early days of Abu Dhabi and its founder, Sheikh Zayed at the humble Zayed Heritage Centre.
99. Explore a collection of unique Islamic art pieces sourced from around the world at the beautiful Miraj Islamic Centre.
100. Showcasing the handwoven and intricate work of local artists, visit the small Women's Handicraft Centre where not only can you see what they make but also purchase souvenirs.