The Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC), with the support of Mubadala’s network of world class healthcare facilities, Healthpoint and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will be holding the nation’s leading annual walkathon!
Under the continued patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint
Mubarak, the UAE’s biggest Walkathon, WALK 2019, returns for its 13th
edition. This sporting event is more than just a walk, it's a powerful public awareness movement to prevent and tackle
diabetes by giving the community
an opportunity to gather and celebrate healthy lifestyle choices.
The event will feature:
- Educational session to learn about diabetes and the effects of food on a human's body
- Fitness challenges and competitions to win prizes and vouchers
- Entertainment by a live DJ
- A climbing wall
- Inflatable activities
- Zumba, Pilates, Yoga,
- Kids activities: Magic shows, soft obstacle courses, arts and crafts
- Food trucks
- Classes on making healthy snacks
Gates open at 2:00 PM
Walk starts at 5:00 PM
Doors close at 8:00 PM
Register for the the WALK 2019 to experience a fun, educational family day out with the community and discover a whole new fantastic way to spend time with friends!
**Open to all ages and nationalities
**Free for ages 16 and below