Organised by New York University Abu Dhabi Institute
This presentation reviews five years of research conducted at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), exploring cross-cultural practices and understanding musical rhythms.
Carnatic music and a duet between a human master of the tradition and a computer-generated emulation of the style will also be performed live during the event.
Three previously held workshops brought together experts from musicology, computational modeling, cognition, and neuroscience and discussed the formation of a large corpus of music from the region including machine learning techniques and algorithmic music generation tools that emulate important musical traditions.
The event will feature:
- Robert Rowe, Professor of Music and Director of Steinhardt Music Technology, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, NYU
- Akshay Anantapadmanabhan, Virtuoso Mridangam Performer
- Carlos Guedes, Associate Professor of Music, NYUAD
- Andrew J. Eisenberg, Assistant Professor of Music, NYUAD
- Kaustuv Ganguli, Postdoctoral Associate in Machine Learning, NYUAD
**This event is open to the public.
NYU AD Conference Center, Building A6
Our easy to use Events Licensing System
Stay up to date with news and events
Join our vibrant community
Copyright © 2019 Visit Abudhabi.all rights reserved